Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 4 large poblano peppers halved and de-seeded
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer.
- Place halved peppers in boiling water and cook until soft, about 4 minutes; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder; cook and stir until mushrooms start to soften about 5 minutes.
- Fill cooked peppers with mushroom mixture and top each evenly with cheese; arrange stuffed peppers on a baking sheet and bake until cheese has melted about 10 minutes.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. Add a relish tray of celery and jicama sticks and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 119 Calories; 4g Fat; 8g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!