- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak cut diagonally into strips
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons coco-aminos
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate flank steak overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, toss together steak strips and coconut flour until each strip is lightly covered (add more flour if necessary).
- In a small bowl, place remaining ingredients, except coconut oil; whisk together into a nice, thick marinade.
- Place steak strips in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade on top; seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add steak strips; cook and stir for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Add remaining marinade and heat through; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 482 Calories; 28g Fat; 34g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 877mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!