Mashed Potato Pie
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3/4 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound frozen hash browns
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place the first 8 ingredients (ground turkey through salt and pepper); using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch pie plate to form a shell; top with hash browns then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until ground turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- Top pie with shredded cheese and bake for 5 minutes longer or until cheese has melted.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of ground turkey (you’ll need to add another egg to make it a little goopier). KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter. Use soy cheese or skip. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure Worcestershire sauce is gluten-free. Use gluten-free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten-free bread. NUTRITION: Per serving: 342 Calories; 11g Fat; 32g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 113mg Cholesterol; 644mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!