Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 9 ounces frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 small onion cut into very thin wedges
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4-oz.
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese cubed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place frozen green beans and onion wedges in a slow cooker; place chicken on top then sprinkle with garlic and black pepper; pour broth overall.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- To prepare sauce, place cream cheese cubes and lemon peel in a small bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Slowly add the liquid from the slow cooker, beating on low speed until well combined; serve sauce over chicken and vegetables.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed asparagus. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add brown rice. KOSHER: Use cultured soy instead of cream cheese. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 224 Calories; 6g Fat; 32g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 340mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!