Chicken and Corn Chili
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast meat
- 16 ounces salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can Mexican-style corn 11-oz.
- 15 ounces pinto beans drained and rinsed or use homemade
- Place chicken and salsa in a slow cooker; add garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. About halfway through cooking time, remove chicken from slow cooker to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks; return to slow cooker and blend with juices.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir corn and beans into chicken mixture; cook for 30 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some warm, buttered corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa, corn and beans are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 211 Calories; 3g Fat; 23g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 864mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!