Cashew Cream Fettuccini
- 6 cups cooked Fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1 3/4 cups water
- olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place cashews in a food processor or blender; process until smooth (about 2 minutes), scraping down the sides of the food processor bowl/blender container once.
- With processor or blender on, slowly pour the water through the food chute or lid slot; process until smooth, again scraping the sides of the bowl/container once.
- Transfer cashew cream to a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, whisking occasionally, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute or until the cream has thickened.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with a little olive oil over medium-high heat; add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Stir in cashew cream, cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; heat through then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 330 Calories; 11g Fat; 12g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 160mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!