Bacon and Mushroom Turkey Cutlets
- 3/4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 4 turkey breast cutlets 6-oz.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons light cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into a METAL baking pan; place turkey cutlets in the buttered pan and top with salt, pepper and half of the garlic; turn cutlets and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining garlic. Place raw bacon on top of turkey cutlets then top with mushroom slices.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until cutlets are done; transfer cutlets to a plate and keep warm.
- Place baking pan on the stovetop over medium heat; add cream and broth and quickly whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, being careful to not boil the mixture (or the cream will break).
- Serve sauce over turkey cutlets.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter. Skip the cream and use additional broth thickened with a little cornstarch. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure bacon and broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 256 Calories; 8g Fat; 41g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 118mg Cholesterol; 644mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!