Wild Mushroom and Pecan Chicken
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 8 ounce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 10 cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- In a large skillet heat the ghee over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place chicken into the skillet for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear and cooked through; remove from the skillet and set half aside for lunch the next day (Parmesan Chicken and Zucchini).
- In the same pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the next 3 ingredients (onion through rosemary) and simmer for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are slightly browned. Add in broth, season with salt and pepper, and after it boils, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for at least 10 to 15 minutes or until broth has reduced by more than half.
- Pour mushroom mixture over chicken and serve.
Related Recipe: Parmesan Chicken and Zucchini
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!