Spiced Kale Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds chicken sausage sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups bone broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- In a large pan, over medium heat, add coconut oil, garlic, cabbage, thyme and oregano. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add the remaining ingredients (sausage through lemon juice) bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Add ingredients from frying pan and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon remove half of the sausage and reserve for lunch the next day (Chicken Sausage and Herbs). Serve remaining soup hot.
Related Recipe: Chicken Sausage and Herbs
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!