Sausage Skillet Dinner
- 2 pounds nitrate free sausage sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 6 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage 10 to 15 minutes, until crispy. Remove the sausage and place on a paper towel lined plate. Store half of the sausage for lunch the next day (Sausage, Arugula and Spinach Salad)in the refrigerator. Chop the sausage for this recipe.
- In another large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes then add in celery and zucchini. Saute until slightly tender, about 1 minute, then add in spinach, sausage, vinegar, coconut aminos, salt and pepper. Cook together for 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach is tender.
Related Lunch Recipe: Sausage, Arugula and Spinach Salad
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!