Collard Green and Sausage Breakfast Burritos
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork sausage
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos or use low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large collard greens steamed
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage and onion and cook for 5 minutes. To the sausage, add the next 5 ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper) and stir. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve wrapped up in the collard leaves topped with avocado.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!