Bacon and Chive Scalloped Broccoli
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large head broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme leaves
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon onto a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, mix the next 6 ingredients (broccoli through thyme) with the bacon.
- In a large baking dish, pour the contents of the bowl. Pour coconut milk over the broccoli mixture and cover. Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!