Blackened Spiced Cod
- 2 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pounds cod fillets fresh or frozen, or other white fish
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine all spices (salt through oregano). Pat cod dry with a paper towel, then generously season all sides with spice mixture.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add fillets to skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side or until the spices grown dark and blackened and fish is cooked through.
- *Reserve half of fish for the following day’s meal (Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema).
- Serve cod with a wedge of lime.
Related Recipe: Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!