Greek Bean Pitas
- 15 ounces white beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 whole-wheat pitas
- 6 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except pitas and lettuce.
- Place a lettuce leaf on top of each flat pita; spoon bean filling down the center then roll up the sides of the pita with the bottom of the pita smaller than the top.
- Wrap the bottom of the pita with plastic wrap for easy handling. OR, stuff pitas with bean mixture and shred the lettuce on top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans, olives and vinegar are gluten free. Use gluten free pitas. NUTRITION: Per serving: 311 Calories; 5g Fat; 14g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 566mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!