Creamy Chive Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt divided
- 1/2 cup flour divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 21.75 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Trim chicken and place between sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, about 1/2-inch.
- Season both sides of chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Place 1/3 cup of the flour on a plate and dredge chicken; discard excess flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side; transfer to a plate, cover with foil wrap and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet; add onion and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until translucent, stirring constantly and scraping up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining flour and stir to coat onion. Add wine (or juice/vinegar), broth and remaining salt; bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Return chicken to the pan along with any accumulated juices. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is heated through and no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes. Stir in sour cream and mustard until smooth; turn chicken to coat with the sauce.
- Stir in chives and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and vegetable broth. KOSHER: Use cultured soy instead of sour cream. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar), broth, and mustard are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 264 Calories; 6g Fat; 33g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 829mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!