Cranberry Chipotle Beef
- 1 large onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 beef chuck roast trimmed, 3-lb.
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 24 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno optional
- Place onion in a slow cooker; add beef, cutting to fit if necessary.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine cranberry sauce and chipotle chili peppers, and pour overall.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with jalapeno peppers, if desired, and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shred beef with 2 forks and serve with juices in warmed corn tortillas. Add a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use a faux roast such as Quorn’s Turk’y Roast and adjust cooking time as necessary. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure cranberry sauce and chipotle chili peppers are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 522 Calories; 17g Fat; 52g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 193mg Cholesterol; 261mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 3 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!