Autumn Apple Chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium green apple cut into wedges (not peeled)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat; add chicken and cook until browned, turning once; transfer to a baking pan and sprinkle with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place onion on top of the chicken then top up with apple wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and water; pour over apples then dot with remaining butter.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and roasted rutabagas (toss peeled and quartered rutabagas with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper; place on a baking sheet and roast in a 400-degree preheated oven till tender (15 to 25 minutes, depending on their size). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add roasted red potatoes (same cooking directions as rutabagas). KOSHER: Skip the butter and use olive oil instead. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 281 Calories; 8g Fat; 40g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 158mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!