Spicy Orange Turkey Stir-Fry on Spinach
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped turkey breast meat cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 1 cup snow peas strings removed
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 cups torn spinach or use mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook turkey.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine orange juice, water, sherry (if using) and crushed red pepper flakes; add chopped turkey then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add bell pepper strips, snow peas, and gingerroot; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain chopped turkey, reserving marinade.
- Add cornstarch to marinade and blend well.
- Add turkey and marinade to the skillet; cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve on a bed of fresh spinach or mixed salad greens. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green and yellow (wax) beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add brown rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure sherry is gluten-free (if using). Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 203 Calories; 4g Fat; 32g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 109mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!