Spiced Stuffed Peppers
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 4 large red bell peppers tops cut off and insides (ribs and seeds) removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with a little coconut oil. In a food processor, combine the first 6 ingredients (cauliflower through black pepper); pulse until roughly combined and cauliflower is of a minced consistency.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground beef and cook until beef is browned.
- Add cauliflower mixture and toss for a few seconds.
- Stuff bell peppers with cauliflower/beef mixture and place in prepared baking dish; bake for about 30 minutes.
NUTRITION: per serving 229 Calories; 13g Fat; 13g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 523mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6 SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!