Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast meat
- 2/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- In a slow cooker, whisk together flour, salsa and broth until well blended. Stir in onion then arrange chicken on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Remove chicken to a plate. Ladle sauce from slow cooker into a blender; puree; stir in sour cream.
- Return sauce and chicken to slow cooker and keep warm until ready to serve. Arrange chicken on dinner plates and top with shredded cheese.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Use cultured soy instead of sour cream and use your favorite soy cheese. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure chicken broth and salsa are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour. NUTRITION: per serving: 320 Calories; 5g Fat; 52g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 428mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!