Pork Chops with Black Bean Salsa
- 6 boneless top loin pork chops 6-oz.
- 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn thawed
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Low fat sour cream optional
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Trim any visible fat from pork chops then rub with Cajun seasoning and pepper on both sides.
- Place chops on the unheated rack of a broiler pan; broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source for 16 to 20 minutes or until done, turning halfway through broiling time.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa: In a bowl, combine corn, beans, lime juice, and cumin.
- Serve chops with salsa; garnish with a dollop of low-fat sour cream if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. Skip the sour cream. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure Cajun seasoning and beans are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 284 Calories; 8g Fat; 35g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 336mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!