Pineapple Pork Pizzazz
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork tenderloin cut into strips
- 1 in can pineapple chunksjuice reserve juice, 15-oz.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crisp white wine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, melt the ghee (or heat olive oil); add pork strips and lightly brown on all sides; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add reserved pineapple juice along with remaining ingredients (lemon juice through nutmeg); stir to fully combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. To serve, top with pineapple chunks.
NUTRITION: per serving 306 Calories; 9g Fat; 36g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 558mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7 SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve pork mixture over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; toss with a little salt and pepper and fluff with a fork). Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!