Honey Soy Chicken Drummies
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or use apple juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 8 hours (see recipe).
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 5 ingredients (honey through garlic); squish mixture around then add the drumsticks. Marinate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour chicken and marinade into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; cover with aluminum foil wrap and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Uncover and let chicken bake for another 5 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of drumsticks, but marinate for only about 5 minutes and adjust cooking time as needed. Heat the marinade (after marinating) and use it as a sauce over the “chicken”. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce and sherry (or juice/vinegar) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 377 Calories; 11g Fat; 26g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 1306mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!