Grilled Chicken with a Mushroom Ginger Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ounce Porcini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup pearl onions peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon coco-aminos
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Coat chicken breast halves with coconut oil and lightly season with salt and pepper; grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Heat a little more coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and pearl onions; cook and stir for 1 minute or until onions become transparent. Whisk in remaining ingredients (orange juice through gingerroot); bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer till heated through.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
NUTRITION: per serving: 243 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 275mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6 SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and braised kale.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!