Easy Veggie Crock Cooker Soup
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes un-drained, 14.5-oz.
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the onion and ground turkey; drain off excess fat and blot with paper towels for even less fat grams then mentioned in the nutritional information.
- Add to crock cooker and layer remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve whole-grain rolls and butter on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of ground turkey, add an additional 15 ounces black beans and 15 ounces navy beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. KOSHER: Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure V8 juice, diced tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 227 Calories; 7g Fat; 18g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 60mg Cholesterol; 811mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!