Cheesy Mushroom Baked Potatoes
- 6 large baking potatoes baked
- 3/4 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 3 Portabella mushrooms sliced
- 12 button mushrooms sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Gouda OR Provolone cheese shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 3 green onions chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Bake potatoes.
- If you haven’t already done so, bake the potatoes.
- Preheat oven broiler. Place dried Shitake mushrooms and water in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are rehydrated; remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent. Add sliced Portabella mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain Shitake mushrooms and slice; add to the skillet along with the button mushrooms; salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Re-heat baked potatoes then cut in half lengthwise. Spoon mushroom mixture over potato halves; top with shredded cheese, marjoram and chopped green onions. Broil until cheese melts.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 289 Calories; 10g Fat; 15g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 32mg Cholesterol; 283mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!