Beef Tenderloin with Red Onion Sauce
- Olive oil
- 1 large red onion sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lean beef tenderloin steaks 1-inch thick, trimmed, 4-oz.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; coat with a little olive oil. Add onion rings to the pan; cover and cook for 3 minutes then add vinegar, honey and half of the salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle thyme, black pepper, and remaining salt evenly over the steaks then place them on a broiler pan coated with a little olive oil; broil for 4 minutes per side or until the desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Serve with red onion mixture.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve garlic-mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 234 Calories; 8g Fat; 25g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 292mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!