Baked Cornmeal Fish
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 fish fillets 6-oz.
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a plate, combine flour, cornmeal, and seasonings. Melt the butter in a shallow baking dish. Dredge fish in flour mixture then place in a baking dish, turning to coat with the butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans, steamed baby carrots, and steamed baby red potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use sliced extra-firm tofu instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free cornmeal and flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 261 Calories; 8g Fat; 34g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 92mg Cholesterol; 205mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!