Athena’s Lamb Chops
- 8 lamb chops 4-oz.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped olives green or red
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- Place lamb chops in a large baking pan coated with melted ghee (or olive oil).
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (cherry tomatoes through black pepper); pour mixture over lamb chops. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
- Roast lamb chops for 30 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers at least 130 degrees.
- Serve 2 chops per person.
NUTRITION: per serving 662 Calories; 56g Fat; 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 150mg Cholesterol; 238mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 9 Fat. Points: 18 SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee (or olive oil), salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!