Baja Fish Tacos
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets
- olive oil
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- sour cream Optional garnish
- salsa Optional garnish
- chopped cilantro Optional garnish
- lime wedges Optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (cumin through garlic powder); sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with olive oil.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place cooked fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among warm tortillas; top each with shredded cabbage and additional garnishes as desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free tortillas. Make sure salsa is gluten free, if using. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 179 Calories; 2g Fat; 25g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 157mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!