Sausage Fried Kale
- 2 pounds nitrate free chicken sausage sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage 10 to 15 minutes, until crispy. Remove the sausage and place on a paper towel lined plate. Store half of the sausage for lunch the next day in the refrigerator (Sausage Fennel Salad). Chop the sausage for this recipe.
- In another large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add ginger, and onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes then add in celery and zucchini. Saute until slightly tender, about 1 minute, then add in kale, sausage, vinegar, coconut aminos, salt and pepper. Cook together for 3 to 5 minutes or until kale is tender
Related Lunch Recipe: Sausage Fennel Salad
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!