Kale Lime Beef Soup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 small red onion chopped fine
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 6 cups bone broth
- 2 large limes juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and cubed
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic and onion until soft. Add in the beef and season with the spices (cumin through the chili powder), breaking up with a spatula while it cooks. Once the meat is cooked through, drain any excess grease and remove half of meat and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for the following day.
- Add in jalapenos, kale and celery, sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes, then add in bone broth and lime juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, remove soup from heat, serve and top with cilantro and avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: salad with mixed leafy greens and balsamic vinaigrette
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!