Spicy Avocado Tuna
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 large jalapeno pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 5 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 6-oz. tuna steaks 6-oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, combine chopped cilantro, jalapeno, gingerroot, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add tuna steaks and sauté on both sides until done or until tuna flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Pour half of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish then arrange tuna steaks on dinner plates; top with sliced avocado and drizzle with remaining cilantro sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 335 Calories; 11g Fat; 43g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 1319mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!