Sesame Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 large mango peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and ginger root and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, honey, soy sauce, and cornstarch; bring to a quick boil, stirring constantly, then remove from heat, pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Add green onions and mango; cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pour reserved sauce over chicken and heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure vinegar and soy sauce are gluten-free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per serving: 381 Calories; 12g Fat; 40g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 266mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!