Seared Scallops with Roasted Tomatoes and Wilted Spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 16 large scallops
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 shallots chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cherry tomato halves in a baking dish and toss with a little olive oil; season lightly with salt and pepper and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally to avoid burning.
- Heat the ghee (or olive oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly season scallops with salt and pepper then add to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side; remove from pan and keep warm. If there isn’t any ghee left in the skillet, add a little olive oil.
- Throw in garlic and shallots; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until shallots are beginning to get transparent.
- Add spinach; cook and toss for 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach slightly wilts. Add cherry tomatoes and toss to combine with spinach mixture; serve over scallops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed asparagus on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 143 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!