Salmon in Lemon Honey Sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 salmon fillets 6-oz.
- In a small bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (oil through pepper); blend well then place a little bit of this mixture in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add salmon fillets to the skillet, skin sides down; pour remaining sauce over salmon.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat, without turning, until salmon is done, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and a salad of baby spinach, crumbled blue cheese, chopped walnuts, and thinly sliced red onion. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby new potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure mustard and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 267 Calories; 9g Fat; 34g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!