- olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless pork loin cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with a little olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with a little olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, curry powder, salt, and black pepper; add pork cubes and toss to coat. Recoat skillet with a little olive oil; add pork cubes and brown on all sides over medium-high heat; add to onion mixture in a baking dish then pour tomatoes over the top.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil wrap and bake for 1 hour or until pork is fork-tender.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see Day 3 directions); add steamed green beans on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure curry powder and diced tomatoes are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour. NUTRITION: per serving: 214 Calories; 6g Fat; 23g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 289mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!