Curried Coconut Pumpkin Chicken
- 3 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie mixture
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- In a large slow cooker, place chicken, olive oil, onion and garlic.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (pumpkin through chicken broth) until smooth; pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks and stir well into slow cooker juices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve chicken mixture over baby spinach (the heat will wilt the spinach just right!). Add steamed green beans on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 375 Calories; 23g Fat; 32g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 356mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!