Chicken Breasts with Artichoke Sauce
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup drained roasted red peppers coarsely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade; finely chop hearts and toss with chopped roasted red peppers; set aside. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of reserved artichoke marinade in a large non-stick skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden (you're not cooking it all the way through, just browning the outsides).
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Add garlic to the skillet and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining artichoke marinade, artichoke hearts/roasted red pepper mixture, wine (or juice/vinegar), paprika and ground red pepper and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return chicken to the skillet then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure artichokes, peppers, and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 254 Calories; 4g Fat; 41g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 308mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!