Berry Delicious Pork Chops
- 6 boneless top loin pork chops 5-oz.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine jam, vinegar, and mustard; cover and microwave on HIGH for 20 to 25 seconds or until heated through.
- Serve sauce over chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with a little butter and a dash of ground nutmeg. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of pork. KOSHER: Use skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure jam, vinegar and mustard are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 217 Calories; 7g Fat; 26g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 152mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!