- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak cut into strips
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coco-aminos
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets lightly steamed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef strips overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). Prepare broccoli.
- Lightly season beef strips with salt and pepper then place them in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add coco-aminos, garlic, and olive oil.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat steak strips; seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat; add marinated steak strips (adding additional oil if necessary); stir-fry for about 10 minutes or until browned on the outside.
- Add broccoli florets; stir fry with beef strips for 1 minute; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; toss with a little salt and pepper and fluff with a fork). Add steamed snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 472 Calories; 31g Fat; 40g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 125mg Cholesterol; 494mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!