Autumn Peeking Pork
- 4 pork chops 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 1 cup cranberries chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine I like Pinot Noir
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle pork chops evenly on both sides with lemon pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops and cook for 4 to 7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee (or olive oil) in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cranberries and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in wine, honey and cinnamon until well combined; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced.
- Serve over pork chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: per serving: 409 Calories; 24g Fat; 26g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 644mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!