Thai Marinated Steak
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds London broil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate London broil overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade: In a food processor or blender, combine first 9 ingredients (garlic through pepper); blend until smooth.
- Place London broil in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour marinade on top. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or at least 5 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade and bag; grill steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness. (Cooking time may vary according to thickness of steak.)
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and allow it to sit for 5 minutes then thinly slice across the grain (diagonally).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steak slices over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 554 Calories; 41g Fat; 31g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 218mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!