Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- 3/4 cup white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced shallot
- 6 plum tomatoes sliced, Roma
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Pour the wine and vinegar into a slow cooker.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook until browned on the outside (you’re not cooking it all the way through).
- Place browned chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and black pepper.
- To the same skillet, add the mushrooms and sauté until liquid has evaporated; arrange them over the chicken in the slow cooker and top with diced shallot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Preheat oven broiler. Remove chicken from slow cooker and transfer to a broiler pan; top with tomatoes and bread crumbs and broil for 1 minute.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced cucumber and red onion, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic toast. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar), vinegar and Italian seasoning are gluten-free. Use gluten-free bread crumbs OR make your own crumbs using gluten-free bread and toss with some Italian seasoning. NUTRITION: per serving: 342 Calories; 8g Fat; 43g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 330mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit;
1 Fat. Points: 8
1 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!