Halibut with Orange Sauce
- 4 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 piece ginger thinly sliced, 1-inch
- 6 halibut steaks or use another firm-fleshed white fish, skins removed, 6-oz.
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cut oranges into segments, removing surrounding membranes. Squeeze the membranes over a bowl to catch their juices.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add gingerroot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper, and cumin. Add to skillet and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn, add green onions and oranges with any liquid and continue to cook until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (4 to 5 minutes).
- To serve, top halibut with orange sections and sauce; sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice tossed with a dollop of low fat sour cream and chopped green onions; add steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of halibut. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 288 Calories; 9g Fat; 37g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 128mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!