Double Cheese Meatloaf
- olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard divided
- 2.5 ounces part-skim milk Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a non-stick skillet coated with a little olive oil over medium-high heat; add chopped onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed onion, half of the ketchup, half of the mustard, the Mozzarella and next 6 ingredients (bread crumbs through egg); crumble ground meat over this mixture then, using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly. Pack mixture into a loaf pan coated with a little olive oil.
- Combine remaining ketchup and mustard and spread over the top of the meatloaf; bake for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degrees.
- Let meatloaf stand in the pan for 10 minutes before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes and steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with a little butter and ground nutmeg. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of beef. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. Substitute soy cheese for the Mozzarella and Parmesan. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure ketchup and mustard are gluten-free. Use gluten-free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten-free bread. NUTRITION: Per serving: 411 Calories; 6g Fat; 18g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 697mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!