Crock Cooker Fajita Stew
- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes un-drained
- 1- ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- In a slow cooker, combine beef, onion, and garlic.
- Add taco seasoning mix to diced tomatoes then pour mixture over beef in slow cooker; place bell peppers on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water to a smooth paste (no lumps!); gradually add the mixture to slow cooker and stir well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stew in bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions; add a big salad and some warm, buttered corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, use veggie steak strips (such as Morningstar Farms) and adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure tomatoes and taco seasoning mix are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 260 Calories; 6g Fat; 35g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 405mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!