Coconut Chicken Sun Dried Tomato Bisque
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Place sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and onion in a blender or food processor; pulse until smooth (add a splash of chicken broth or coconut milk if mixture needs some liquid to blend easily).
- Place remaining ingredients (chicken through tomato paste) along with sun-dried tomato mixture in a large slow cooker; stir to combine well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Shred chicken and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. Add a bowl of raw baby carrots to the table. NUTRITION: per serving: 472 Calories; 32g Fat; 34g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 786mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!