Cavatappi with Spinach, Chickpeas and Feta
- 4 cups hot cooked Cavatappi pasta or use another spiral-shaped pasta
- 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 20 ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed or homemade
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- Lemon wedges optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except lemon wedges, with cooked pasta; toss well.
- Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced beefsteak tomatoes and cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure chickpeas are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 323 Calories; 9g Fat; 12g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 517mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!