Caribbean Pork Roast
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings; rub mixture evenly over roast.
- Place pork in a shallow pan and roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 155 degrees.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous. Remove roast from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes (temperature will rise about 5 degrees upon resting).
- Slice and serve over couscous.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed kale. VEGETARIAN: Use a faux roast such as Quorn and adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork and adjust cooking time as needed. GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free couscous. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 201 Calories; 4g Fat; 18g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 661mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!